Kicking off season two with a bang, we've got Tim Soulo, CMO of Ahrefs.com.
In this episode, we cover:
• Growing the Ahrefs blog to 1.5 million monthly visitors
• Why traffic doesn't matter (and why Ahrefs has never used Google Analytics or retargeting pixels)
• How to design content that drives sign ups (and why you shouldn't waste your time on anything else)
• How to rank #1 in Google (like Ahrefs does for everything)
• What type of content Ahrefs writes and why it works so well
• How to make 'you' focused content that also adds a lot of value
• What are the limitations to this approach?
• How do Ahrefs promote their content? How do they build backlinks?
• What are the six ways content marketing at Ahrefs contributes to revenue growth?
• Are backlinks really important? If so, why?
• A hell of a lot of SEO tips
Join the How the Fxck community to get instant access to this episode summarised into a PDF playbook. Download here.
"You can be successful with a few simple fundamentals and by getting rid of non-essential stuff. Create a product that's genuinely useful to people. Forget growth hacks, make your product indispensable."
Blogging for business by Ahrefs
Watch on YouTube