Ever seen a crazy marketing story like this?
- 0 to 2 million monthly search traffic in 12 months
- 0 to 50,000 LinkedIn followers in 6 months
- 15,000 webinar attendees without paying
- 30,000 organic eBook downloads in 1 year
As a startup marketer, I would look longingly at these stories ALL the time.
When you’ve got a limited time & big goals, fast organic growth like this is wildly exciting.
A shortcut to success, perhaps?
Yet so few of these stories came with a thorough ‘how-to’ guide attached.
As will be familiar to most startup marketers, between being the copywriter, content writer, video editor, social media specialist, resident designer, PPC pro and website builder....there's not much time to waste.
I was left wondering how I could help my company (and my career) achieve results like these? And, without hiring an expensive consultant or failing miserably?
I needed to know details like:
👉 How *exactly* did you achieve that? Start to finish.
👉 How did you get buy-in?
👉 Did it have an impact on revenue? Why?
👉 What was the secret sauce?
👉 What will make this strategy fail for me?
All the sort of questions those with huge results rarely answer.
How the F*ck exists to tackle that problem.
Our goal is to become THE go-to resource for startup marketers (and founders) looking to accelerate their company growth with organic strategies.
Each podcast episode asks a leading experts to share the details of their most successful organic growth strategies. So startup marketers like you can save precious time and resources while shooting for the moon.
Each week, the strategies and playbooks are broken down further in written form in the newsletter and in blog posts on this website.
Find the podcast on Spotify here.
PS. How the F*ck Premium is not here. On top of a weekly free episode, you can expect detailed teardowns and bonus episodes with marketing leaders (our best content, for a tiny $8 addition to your learning budget 😇)
What to Expect
When you subscribe to How the F*ck
Whatever the subscription you choose, you can expect all How the F*ck content to be experience-led, no bullshit, deep-dives into a startup growth strategy.
Each episode focuses on one really great result (e.g. How Venngage grew to 3m monthly visitors with a PR-approach to link building).
Then each week that's supported by additional materials—like the strategy tear-down linked above or a bonus podcast episode where I detail a growth tactic.
In a nutshell:
- Weekly expert podcast guests
- Weekly newsletter with strategy tips
- Weekly expert guests
- Weekly newsletter with strategy tips
- Written strategy playbooks (the absolute best of the best in strategy guidance)
- Bonus Q&A episodes (submit any question)
- Bonus strategy episodes
My Content Philosophy
Because all great content strategies need beliefs and values.
- Kindness, accessibility, and inclusion is a priority. This is a safe space for everyone whatever your socio-economic background, race, gender, sexual preferences or neurodiversity status. Please know you're encouraged to be yourself here—if you're finding something is excluding you please drop me a line (anonymously or not) here.
- You don't need to lie to make great content. Ie. I'm not gonna bullshit you because it sells better. You know what first springs to mind when I say this? All those times someone has said to me to use assertive language in my writing in order to be convincing—even when we aren't 100% sure. Well, let's be honest, there is no such thing as one-size-fits all and I'm not gonna say "do X and you will succeed" because it simply isn't true.
- If you haven't done it yourself, it needs to leverage experts. Everything I share here will be based on my own experience or will be a breakdown of a marketing expert who has been there and done that. No gurus. No shots in the dark. I'll only embellish if I've experimented with the same strategy myself.
- I'm building this for you, not for me. Which means please ask your questions, tell me what kind of content you want to see, and don't hesitate to share your feedback with me. Connect with my on LinkedIn and we can chat any time you want.
Sounds like something you might like?