We take a look at a social advertising campaign for Degs & Sal that increased orders by 278%, increased ROAS by 130%, and won a crystal award.
I'm excited to welcome Danny Gavin to the podcast this week.
Danny's the founder of the Optidge, the digital marketing agency based out of Texas.
In this episode, we discuss Danny's expertise areas: SEO & paid social.
We focus on one social media ad campaign in particular.
Optidge ran an advertising campaign for Degs & Sal, the eCommerce jewellery brand available to buy D2C (a channel pivot from selling through major retailers like Nordstrom, Macy's and Bloomingdale's).
Degs & Sal had one requirement: to have 2x ROAS on their Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns.
The Optidge took over the campaigns and these were the results:
- 400x increase in total revenue
- 130% increase in DIRECT ROAS to 2.66x
- 72% decrease in cost per purchase,
- 29% decrease in cost per add to cart
- 24% decrease in CPMs. Finally
- 278% increase in unique orders
- 2020 AMA Crystal Award for Best Plan B Marketing Campaign
In the episode, we look at the method behind the success.
- How to build audiences that convert
- Why you need to design a funnel
- The importance of testing
- How much you need to spend on testing
- What you should test
- Examples of long and short-form copy used in the campaigns
And all in 30 minutes. What's not to love?